Hardwood floors are a very popular option for homeowners. This flooring option is both durable and stylish, adding warmth as well. As it is offered in both engineered and solid forms, this flooring has a wide range of uses. Customers also have the choice of a wide range of colours and finishes. Installation is the most important thing to do after you decide on all these aspects. Different floors have different installation techniques. Here are some of the installation methods that apply to hardwood. You can see flooring bothell for more information.
Hardwood Flooring Installation Methods
These floors can be laid in 4 different ways. They are:
1. It is best to install solid hardwood flooring using this type of method, as engineered wood is thicker. Different types of nails are used by experts to attach wood flooring with subfloors. The market offers cleat nails of different sizes. However, 2” nails tend to be the most popular for varied applications.
2. Installation of floors by staples is faster and easier than nails. The floors are attached with staples using this method.
3. When installing solid or engineered hardwood, glue down can be a great option. A thick, strong adhesive will be spread over the sub-floor. To adhere the floor to the sub-floor you can use a suitable-sized towel. Most engineered and parquet wood floors are adhered down. In the market there are different types of glues that are strong and expensive.
4. Installing hardwood flooring by floating is one of fastest and most convenient methods. These floors aren’t attached to sub-floors. These floors float simply above the subfloor. The pad between the subflooring and the wooden floor is placed in this type of installation to ensure adequate protection from moisture as well as to reduce noise. It is very easy to put in this type of flooring on almost any surface.
When installing hardwood flooring at your Bothell WA-based home, you must carefully take into consideration certain aspects. Before installing hardwood, it is important to prepare the subfloor. The subfloor surface and its cleanliness are taken into consideration by experts when making the appropriate preparations. It is crucial to adapt new flooring types to surrounding conditions so they do not react adversely to temperature and humidity changes. You can follow these tips:
1. Install flooring by placing it into a sealed bag in the area where you will be installing it.
2. Before starting the installation, leave your flooring for 3-4 days in place.
3. For the best results, leave engineered hardwood in an area for a period of at least 72-hours before installing it.
4. The solid wood must be allowed to dry for seven days before it can be used.
A gap in expansion is another important factor. It is important to note that all kinds of hardwood flooring can expand depending on air moisture, heat and warmth. The experts advise leaving an extra gap on the sides to ensure that the floor can expand if needed. Known as an expansion space, this gap can be left around doorways, walls and the entire perimeter of the room. It is important to create this kind of space around walls, doorways and all the perimeters of the rooms. It is important to leave a gap between the walls and the doors.